Monday, March 1, 2010

"Gone Fishing"

If you know Lane, you know he loves to go fishing...

A friend invited us to go to a really awesome ranch to hang out and fish for the day on Saturday and we gratefully accepted.

The place was pretty close to our house (about 15 minutes) in a town called Sunnyvale. It reminded me a lot of places we used to go when we were little with our grandfather, Poppy. He sold ranch real estate and would bring us out to the ranches so we could fish and hang out.

Jill and I caught one each and Jeff, Lane and Matt caught a ton! Asher, the sweet guy who invited us, caught one that was pregnant! It was a beautiful day and great fishing and we just had a blast!

We left at about 3'ish and then went home, changed clothes and then went to dinner with Jeff and Jill (aka The Prude's - I love calling them that!) at a Mexican place REALLY close (within walking distance) from our house. It is my new favorite Mexican food place that is close. After dinner, we went over to the Prude's deck and drank wine while the guys drank "Orange Squirt" a very sweet mixture of a soft drink called Squirt and some orange something another. I have to say, there are not many couples out there, that I know, where I could spend the entire day with them and still be having as much fun at 11 PM as I was having at 9 AM. I love The Prude's!

Now time for a picture explosion...


Jill LOVES animals..all kinds..as you can tell..here she picked up a slug!


Lane and I with the one and only fish I caught.


Jeff with the first of MANY fish he caught that day.


Jill and the moss she "caught"! I didn't get a picture of her fish and I'm really upset about that!


The beautiful ranch home...from the back.


The pool and the pool house


Lane and one of his fish.


Matt with one of his fish!


Asher and his pregnant fish! You can see its big belly.


Jill and Jeff


Lane taking a break!

2 comments:

Kate said...

WOW
couple of things
1. Its hard to find couple friends like that. How awesome that yall have some! Jill was nice. Im glad I got to meet her. Thats how I feel about the Dowells :-)
2. Amazing house. Dude. buy that house.
3. Tell Jill not to pick up any more slugs. Thats gross.
4. I hope you let the preggo fish go.

Jill J. said...

LOL...yep, I am the weird kid who will play with anything - slugs, lizards, frogs, etc! So glad we got to record that on (digital) film! :) And we feel the same way about you guys - it seems like every time we hang out, we end up laughing for hours and losing track of the time! We are lucky to have such good friends!