Ok. I admit it. I have a very, and I mean very, sensitive gag reflex.
At times, it is down right embarassing. Sometimes it is instant. Sometimes it happens after the fact. Today, it happened after the fact and I am oh so thankful.
I have had it since college and it has brought a lot of laughs from Kate and Anne. They laugh hysterically when I go into one of my gag'ing episodes. It brings them joy. And me torture.
I feel horrible even saying this because it is no ones fault at all but...
There was a kid at church today that came up to us with his dad. I instinctly went over to him because I immediately noticed he was special needs. I asked his dad if I could touch him (I am always sensitive to this since some children with special needs react differently to different stimuli). His dad said sure so I touched his head and he (Elijah) grabbed my hand. As he was pulling my hand closer to his face, I noticed a huge green bubble coming out of his nose. AND it was making a noise. I freaked.
I know I am going to be a nurse and Lane reminds me all the time that, "I better get used to it" but I don't know if I ever will. I can do: blood, urine, poop, guts, diarrhea, vomit, broken bones, and plenty of other "stuff" but not snot, not mucus. Something about it REALLY grosses me out.
I proceeded to hold it together and act normal. When I got into the car, it hit. I gagged for a good 2 mintues, with tears coming down my face and gagging over and over because I couldn't get the image out of my head. All the while Lane was snorting and making snot noises saying the predictable, "you better get used to it dude, you are going to be a nurse".
Sometimes, I think I have a little brother, not a husband. However, even when I want to kill him and he acts annoying, we always end up laughing and having a lot of fun together.
But I'm really going to need to do something about that snot thing....
2 comments:
LMAO LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I can picture this happening with the little boy.. LOLOL!!!!! Does Anne read your blog? If not, forward this to her. I love it when you gag.
Oh this cracked me up. I, also, have a pretty sensitive gag reflex. It's really only to poop/diarrhea. Just wait until you have kids.
Post a Comment