Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby Names

I've been talking to my sister recently about baby names.

No, neither of us are preggers but it is still fun to bounce ideas around with each other! I feel like I will have at least one of each in the 3 (kids) that I want. However, I only have a few names that I REALLY like.

Boys:
Isaiah (We ((Lane and I)) both love)
Finley (I love because it's my dads middle name and very Irish! I think Lane is eh on this one)
Eoghan (It is like Owen, Lane would probably hate this!)
Pearce (Lane ((and others)) will probably hate this too)

Girls:
Elle (I've always loved because of Elle MacPherson)
Annie (I think it's sweet and cute just like my bestie Anne)
Elliot
Ireland (Lane isn't on board)
Finley (Yeah, I know it is up in the "boy" category but I think it could be for either a boy or a girl)
Gwen
Victoria (NOT VICKY OR VICKS has to be the whole name)
Violet


The fact that Lane and I BOTH like Isaiah is really something else. We can't agree on anything the first time around so when I said that name and he said, "Hey, Me too!" I thought, "We've got a winner!".

We had apparently talked about it prior to me hearing it on the radio today. I heard (my favorite) Dr. Ed Young doing a sermon about marriage in my car on my way to Houston. He mentioned Isaiah 43 and right when he said Isaiah I texted Lane (which I do often when I have a baby name I like).

It isn't like we are even trying yet for babies but it is fun to think about it out loud anyway! So, if it is meant to be, I already love you Isaiah Arnold!! If that is in fact what we name you! If not, I still love you.

I am also aware that people talk behind other people's back and especially about what names people choose for their kids. So, go ahead, chat amongst yourselves..there are some names probably that you've picked that I didn't like either...

And in about 5 months, I probably wont like any of these names...

2 comments:

Jill J. said...

I can totally relate to the "oh my gosh, we FINALLY both like a name" moments - when Jeff said he thought Norah was alright if we have a girl, I was like Hallelujah! Also, I have a friend whose nephew is Isaiah, and he is a cutie! I like talking baby names, too, so feel free to talk about it all you want!

JT and Katie said...

Hi sweet friend! Just catching up on your blog. JT and I did the same thing - naming our unborn children when we weren't even trying. That's how we came up with Taylor - he said it first and I agreed that it was a great name. And voila - here she is! I like the name Isaiah too.