It was already a planned trip and even though she had just been up here (just for the day might I add, that's 8 hours in one day) to come to the funeral, she still came. We had the trip planned for a while and I get super giddy and excited waiting for her to pull up in the driveway.
My family has been coming up a lot more which makes my heart smile - they think (and it's true) that when I start nursing school I will be unavailable for visits for 12 months.
I know Kate has mentioned it before, but I don't know if I have. Nonetheless, I absolutely LOVE having a sister. It is the BEST thing ever. Even though we are very very VERY different, we are still best friends.
Kate is the only other person in the world that knows what it feels like to have my Mom and Dad as parents, or what it was :( like to have Nonnie, Poppy and Mimi as grandparents. It is comforting. I have been told a sisterhood is a bond like no other and it is really so true. My mom used to tell us all the time when we were younger how special it was to have a sister and how she always wanted one but it wasn't until we got older that we learned this.
We had a great time this past weekend. Kate got here around 10 am and we immediately set off for shopping. We went to the Container Store and to the mall. Afterwards, we met my friend Jill at our house so she could give us Stella (Cat and Josh's dog) for the weekend to babysit. We did more shopping afterwards and then went to dinner at Mia's with Lane. Sunday, we got up and Kate came to our church with us, then we dropped Lane off at home (to work of course) and Kate and I got lunch at Corner Market then she set off for Houston.
I always get so sad when anyone leaves from a visit. I always have so much fun and really enjoy the company of others.
Kate, I love you so much. I think you are a great person and am so glad God gave me you as a sister. It has been so much fun traveling through this world together and I can't wait for the many more memories we share throughout our lifetime!
Us being goofy this past weekend
1 comment:
Awwww!!!! Sweet!!!!!! Mwa! Love you Lols!
Post a Comment