So now I go to the Dr every week.
Today, I went in and had my what should have been quick appointment but lasted longer. Not because anything was wrong....but because my Dr. has been on her honeymoon/wedding and this week has been crazy busy for her.
I walked in and waited. The nurse Heather called me back and I pee'd in a cup (sorry TMI) so they could check it for protein (for PIH). Then I sat down and got my blood pressure taken. 118/74 - Perfect.
Before I sat down I got on the scale and saw that I am now 213 pounds - HUGE but only a 43 pound weight gain from the start. I am tall. ok. But plan on getting down to the 150's after he is here. (yeah right).
I went back to the room, undressed from the waist down and waited. And waited. And let me tell you, sitting straight up at 37 weeks is very uncomfortable. Sitting any way is uncomfortable but I eventually laid down on the table like a big beached whale! I am not complaining. Just thinking about how I must have looked when Dr. Romberg walked in.
She came in, told me I am GBS - (yay! no antibiotics during labor for me!), listened to Henry's heart rate which was caught during an acceleration (L&D dork out reference) at 144 bpm and then she checked my cervix. Still 3 cm, 80% and -2/3 station. It is mid-positioned and very soft she said which is good! I actually love when my patients have a cervix like this because it is very easy to find. TMI - probably.
I am so thankful for such a wonderful pregnancy. I have had a really reaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllly great pregnancy. I am so blessed. God's timing is so perfect. God is perfect.
I love being pregnant. Although I am tired and uncomfortable, I know that I only have a few more weeks/days of feeling our first baby moving all around. I love my belly and people are SO nice to me. Especially Asians. They LOVE pregnant people! I can't believe it is almost over. I can't believe I'll never be pregnant again with my first baby. How sad! I am ready to meet him and can't wait to see what he looks like. When I think about it, I start to cry and get an overwhelming love for Lane that I can't explain.
Henry has stopped getting the hiccups as often. I actually haven't felt them in a few days at least. I am finally accepting the stretch marks and know they will fade. I am thankful they aren't as bad as a lot of women that I have seen. I am thankful for a March baby. We were curious as to whether he would come early at the end of February or if he would stay put until March. When I think of March, I think St. Patricks Day and Spring. So I am excited about this month which use to be my least favorite season - Spring. Now, it may be my favorite.
Henry, I love you. I am scared and nervous but I love you.
37 week pictures:
The donut hole that I got from the Asian lady at the donut shop - She gave it to me because she saw my stomach:
Henry and I waiting for the Dr.



2 comments:
I love everything about this post - it made me tear up like crazy!!! Henry is such a blessed little guy to get you as a mama!
Awwww such a sweet post. We love you, Laura, Lane & Henry! Love- Aunt Nance
Post a Comment