Friday, February 24, 2012

36 Week Dr. Appointment

This week started my weekly Dr. appointments. I will go every week until Mr. Henry arrives!

This week our Dr. wanted us to have a growth sonogram because she was curious as to how big Henry is as she said at my 34 week appointment that I was measuring ahead. (As mentioned in my previous post).

Lane went with me which I was happy about and it was the last time we will get to see him on sonogram before he comes! Sad and weird and crazy and exciting and scary all at the same time!

He was just hanging out like always and measured 6 pounds 12 oz which was about 37.1 weeks so not even a week ahead. I was a little relieved because the doc said he wouldn't be 10 pounds which I have thought all along he would be since his father was 11. I was 7 pounds 9 oz so if he stays in until his due date he would probably be around 8 or 9 pounds or so (that's just my guess).

However, she checked my cervix and I am already 80% effaced (the thinness of your cervix for all you non OB people out there - 100% is the goal - and I am 2-3 cm dilated. Now, there are plenty of people who go weeks walking around like that so it really doesn't mean anything but the fact that things have already started and I am just about 37 weeks means that I 1. Probably won't make it to my due date (although it is totally possible I could) and 2. Won't need anything like cervidil to get the cervix going if I am induced.

We got our stroller, nap nanny (Cat pushed me over the edge to get this since her baby Ava loves it) and I got another changing table for downstairs (thanks again to Cat for the suggestion since we both have 2 story houses). We don't have any other big ticket items to get and with just a few small things left to do are pretty much ready.

I am still working although lesssssssssss than ever. I have called in sick twice the last month because of not feeling great. I have been feeling lots of pressure and nausea more so then I have the entire pregnancy. Although this week I feel better. Last week I didn't. I was working last night and they let me go home at 10 pm so that was good. I only have 4 or so more shifts probably before he comes. It is very uncomfortable to be at work and has been since about week 33/34. All the pressure and pains I have been feeling from being on my feet 12 hours are for sure what has gotten my cervix where it is today. Maybe genetics since my mom was 3 cm at 7 months which I wonder how long I have been like this.

Lane and I have gone on a few walks although after finding out about my cervix I am going to stop those until March. I stepped on an uneven part of the pavement and fell down on my knee the other day but I was ok. That is the second fall this pregnancy! I'm such a fool!

The last 3 or 4 nights/days I have been having contractions. I am not sure if they are just Braxton Hicks or if some of them are real. My face gets really flushed when I am getting them and they come about once an hour or so and don't go away with position change/sitting down or drinking water. Some of them are a little painful but they are very mild. I am sure they would show up on the toco if I were hooked up.

Belly Shots:


Changing Table Shots:


Stroller: City Select

No comments: