Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years (woo hoo - sarcasm)

I do NOT like New Years.

I never really have. People make a huge deal about it and it really gets on my nerves. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I don't like moving on. Or maybe it makes me sad to think about the past year and that it will never in the history of the world be 2009 again. Maybe it's that I am nervous about what will happen this next year. Maybe it's that Christmas is over. Who knows.

This whole notion of "starting new" or "wiping the slate clean" is bs. If you are waiting until January 1st to do something about your life then you probably won't do it. What I really don't like is that people try and make it this big holiday. UGH.

I like to consider myself a realist not a pessimist. Others would disagree.

No comments: