One, if not the most important relationship a girl can have is with her dad. I don't care what anyone says, there are so many lessons learned from watching your father. If you don't have a great father my heart aches for you because to have one that is truly great is something special, really really special.
My dad and I have an increible relationship and that is because he was always there and has a sensitive side. It is because he has given it his all and that is what it takes to raise a daughter.
There is a list a mile long of things I love about my dad but here are a few things that come to mind instantly:
I love that you are fair and see both sides
You can talk about anything (even girl stuff!) and make me feel ok
You are Irish
You are kind
You are supportive
You are the hardest worker
You love and would do anything for your family
Your sense of humor
How you would take care of all my car issues any time I ever needed it
You are inspirational
You make me want to work hard and make you proud
You are solid
And stand up for what you believe in
You talk about the hard stuff which is what really matters
You are a provider
You are social and love people
You are opinionated (wonder where I got it!)
And tall (so am I!)
You can sometimes be a hot head
You like to talk
You are a Christian and a man God
You make people feel safe
You give everyone a chance
You expect the best from people
And want the best for people
How you love Christmas
You love to have fun and are unselfish.
I love you Dad!! Thank you for taking me to basketball tournaments and practice and writing notes of encouragment for games and leaving them on my car so I would read them before a game. Thank you for not judging me for not taking the basketball scholarship even though I know you really wanted me to play in college. Thank you for all the calls during college when I felt overwhelmed and telling me to "finish strong". Thank you for helping me see the "guys side" of things when I was having boy troubles. Thank you for making me feel safe and provided for at all times.
Thank you for making me feel beautiful and for making me feel loved. I know that guided me to make smart decisions my entire life.
I love that you are my Dad and wouldn't want anyone else in the entire world.
Love,
Your Daughter Lolly-ban-looshki-papooshki

1 comment:
awww!!! Love you dad!
Post a Comment