Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

It was a white Christmas in Texas.

We had Christmas in Decatur. Lane and I got in the Christmas spirit early in the week by going Christmas shopping and decorating the tree. The best night was when we were listening to Christmas music, wrapping presents and just really enjoying the spirit of Christmas.

I did a lot of baking some good, some bad a few weeks before Christmas. I made some cookies and a cranberry almond crunch thing. It was pretty good.

We did a lot of hanging out and that is about it. Trent had to work and Connie got sick so we waited until the night of the 26th to open presents.

What we realized this year is that we can't wait to have our own traditions with our kids at our house. I can't wait to set up Santa things and stockings and wait for them to wake up. That is a long time away but it is fun to look forward to.

I missed my family so bad this Christmas but will get to do it with them next year!







1 comment:

Kate said...

Your house looks AWESOME all decorated!!! I already cant wait for next year cuz you will be HERE for Christmas!!!!!