Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas x's 3

Oh wow I am behind.

Oh wow I love Christmas!

Christmas this year was with Lane's family but we got to go down the weekend before to spend it with mine. We had a great Holiday season. Very eventful as my Christmas queer'hood was in full effect (or is it affect?). I get those wrong every single time. You'd think by now with two degrees and being almost 30 I would have it down. But I don't.

I love Christmas. It is my favorite time of year by far. I love the feeling of being cozy and the decorations and the sales and the excitement. I have wonderful memories of Christmas from when I was a little girl and when December rolls around, I sometimes can still feel like that little girl on the front porch looking for Santa with my dad.

SO here is how December went.

My best friend Anne came up for a weekend to hang and shop. One of the funniest things about her is that when we go Christmas shopping together she ends up spending and buying more things for herself than for anyone else. It is hysterical. I usually do the same but she takes it to a whole different level. We shopped and got to spend some quality time together. I eat A LOT and she had a hard time keeping up in the eating department but we had a blast, like always. Peds and shopping with your best friend, what is better?

Then on the weekend of the 16th, we went to Katy to have Christmas with my family. We had a great time and my parents did entirely too much for us. We got a new Canon camera that I am stoked about for the Bambino and a TON of other stuff including but not limited to the entire pots and pan collection of Rachel Ray.

Then we had Christmas in Decatur with Lane's family who spoiled us too! Little Henry got some great stuff from both sides and had a present pile higher than ours. Which is how it will be from now on :). We ate, went to Christmas Eve service, hung out, made fires in the fire place and it was very relaxing and fun.

The following weekend was Festivus. Every year that Christmas is at Lane's we do Festivus with his cousins. They all come in town with their families and we hang out. It is a great time to see everyone and catch up. This year it was at Nancy's house which is in Rhome with a wonderful yard and lots of space. Watching Lane's cousins kids is so much fun. There are 6 of them, all different ages and they are just hysterical. It was also New Years and I had to work New Years Eve which made me miss a lot of the Festivus stuff but I did get to see everyone at least for a few hours. Not enough time but I didn't have to miss the entire thing.

I continue to feel so blessed by the people in my life and the family I have been given.

I'll post some pictures in a bit!

No comments: