Friday, December 9, 2011

Thanksgiving

I can't get too deep in this one or I will start to cry.

We have so much thanks to give that mentioning it seems pointless since it doesn't do it justice.

I am so thankful for absolutely everything in my life: That I know God, that I have the best family and friends, that my little boy is growing and perfect. I am not wanting anything. I have everything I could ever need and I am fulfilled.

I am thankful for Gods timing. Which I am reminded every day how perfect He and it really is.

This year, we had to stay in Dallas for Thanksgiving. We were suppose to go to Katy and spend the holiday with my family. I was really really looking forward to it but since I was on bedrest I asked my Dr. if I could still go and she looked at me like, "No, you idiot!". SO, Lane said, "I'll make everything!" And BOY, he did. My husband saved the holiday and went to the store, cooked and cleaned for me. We had a sweet family meal that we will never forget because our first to have on our own.

Lane made a few non traditional items that he was pumped about and they were delish! He had a Corn pudding which was similar to stuffing and a brussels sprout au gratin dish that was to die for!

Lane prepping the Turk:

Adorable husband and the finished Turk:

Cutting the Turkey while the dogs are praying for some to drop:



My Dad in Katy, Texas with his Turk and William Sonoma timer that we got him last year. Lane had the same one this year. You carry this around on your pants and it says, "Your turkey is done!"

Mona, cutest dog in the world, waiting patiently for some scraps:

Mona in a food coma after she got some:


The food and a huge pregnant belly:


THANKS JESUS FOR A WONDERFUL LIFE!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yall are cute! A thanksgiving to remember.... and Mona is cute too. Did Mak get any turkey?