My new Dr. is great. Thanks Rachel for telling me about her!
*A little sidenote about my friend Rachel. She is GREAT. She is one of those people that you wish you were more like. She knows KEY things in life. Good doctors, where to get stuff, great deals, she is creative and kind, she is the best hostess and just has the touch to make things beautiful. I am always in awe about things she has done or created. Go to her cute Etsy shop Twenty9freckles for some cute things for your little one. Each purchase goes towards their adoption. Speaking of, they are adopting 2 sweet babies from Africa - yet another thing you just say, "wow, cool" about.
I went to Dr. Romberg for my 24 week check up after I had been on bedrest for 2 weeks. I had a great appointment where I did my glucose test (still haven't gotten my result but I am assuming I don't have gestational diabetes or they would have called). I drank the drink which was like a sweet Sunkist soda and waited for an hour. I almost ate at the Chic-fil-A in the hospital but luckily was on the phone with my sister who quickly reminded me I wasn't suppose to eat. And I am a nurse - HA! I walked around a little bit reminiscing at the days in nursing school when I did my clinicals at that hospital. It was weird being there as a patient!
As I waited in the waiting room for my blood to be taken, Baby A was kicking like crazy!!! Apparently the sugar rush hit! My whole belly was moving around and I was just looking down and laughing at how active he was. It was cute and of course I loved it. I was by myself and I wished someone would have been there with me.
Before I left I scheduled a sonogram to check my cervix for the next day.
The next day I went back and they did a sonogram of not only my cervix (which wasn't dilated or thinner - which is great and a good sign that I am not going to be in preterm labor in the next few weeks!) and then she did a FULL SONO on our little guy just like the 20 week appointment! The lady WAS AWESOME. She was so fun. She said, "I know you are an RN so what are you nervous about?" Then when I told her I hadn't seen his feet yet she went right to them and showed me them! They looked like Lanes. I know that is cray but they did to me. Then she looked at him and ALL his organs AGAIN and said everything looked GREAT. She showed me even more than at my 20 week appointment when the Dr. who did it was a dud. She looked at his brain for special things that indicate a problem, she looked at his stomach and heart to make sure they were in different cavities. Kidneys, esophagus, male parts, cord insertion, etc all were perfect.
I couldn't help but stare at him in awe of how cute he was and became "one of those" moms who kept saying, "OH MY GOSH, HE IS SO CUTE!". He was moving his mouth open and closed and turned his head away from the camera. He was moving and so much bigger! He, in fact, was measuring a week later! YAY I hope he is HUGE!
without further a-do: Here he is:
Cute!
Big Ears!
Boy!
24.3 weeks
25.1 weeks





No comments:
Post a Comment