Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Time Flies

Time Flies. It's so cliche. But true.

I can't believe it's been so many weeks since my last post. Scratch, I can believe. I have been busy.

In the past 4 or so weeks (in no particular order): we have gone to Boston, I went to Seatte for work, we went to Houston and Austin (in the same day), 2 Christmas parties, 1 two year old birthday party, 2 Mav's game, a Coldplay concert, decorated for Christmas, gotten professional photos taken, gotten some stuff done to our house, gone to Oklahoma for a wedding, had my parents visit and had Thanksgiving in Decatur. All with 2 full time jobs. Phew!

I think if I tried to re-hash each of those event I just might lose my mind but I would have to say they were all very lovely. As I reflect, I have to say that yes, I get super tired from the loaded schedule but I thank God that I am healthy and am able, financially (thanks to Lane, not me :) ) and mentally, to do these things. I wouldn't want it any other way really. I sometimes think, especially around this time of the year, about those who are sick and don't have the luxury of feeling good much less travel and it breaks my heart. I think being healthy and feeling good is a luxury some of us (yours truly) sometimes take for granted and one of my New Years resolutions is to stop taking that for granted. I am getting (hopefully) a gym membership and I am going to work really hard to get back in shape like I was in high school. I felt better and I could wear really cute things. I can't remember the last time I wore something to show off my legs. I used to have great legs. ER.

Sidenote: you may notice that I won't use 's anymore in any of my words that may or may not need the 's. Lane has corrected me on a few of my incorrect grammar usages and so now I am freaked so I have stopped using it altogether. I need to go back to Second grade, I am aware.

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks. That is the original Starbucks outside pic and inside pic, a few of Mia's birthday party, a few of visiting Harvard, the one with the abulance was funny because I was in the car with a lawyer and you know that idiom (is that an idiom?), "Ambulance Chasers", one of our house at night with our new lights and shutters, one of the Mavs game and some of our adorable niece Mia. And yes, that was Santa at Jasons Deli. When he saw me taking pictures, he ducked around that woman in red so I couldn't get a clear shot. Thanks a lot Santa, you are suppose to be nice!















2 comments:

Kaylan Eastepp said...

I love the picture of Mona by the Christmas tree looking out the door! So cute...

Christa Greene said...

You're so cute!! Happy New Year-miss you guys!