Monday, December 1, 2008

Gobble Gobble....

This year was a non in law Thanksgiving thus we were in Decatur.

I always feel so relaxed in Decatur. I think it has something to do with it being "the country" and all the trees. Plus, the Arnolds house is very comfortable with lots of couches and pillows!

We got to Decatur aka Comanche Moon Ct. on Wednesday night. Really lots of relaxing and sleeping went on so there isn't too much to talk about!

On Thanksgiving Day, Lane, Connie and I went to Denton to pick up our meal from Cracker Barrel. Poor Connie has had A LOT going on and just didn't have time to cook this year. Totally understandable.

To make a long story short, Mu, Connie's mom and Lane and Nancy's grandmother, had major surgery recently and has been getting acclimated to a nursing home. It has been a really tough transition and Connie has been a warrior through it all.

Mu got to leave her facility and come have Thanksgiving with us which was a treat!

I wished I had gotten more pictures! ERR That always happens!

Anyway, after eating we took some naps and watched some football. Friday, Lane and I went with Allen to one of his work appointments and did more relaxing and sleeping.

Of course, as always, when a great weekend comes to an end we were sad! We had a great Thanksgiving!!! A side note, Mona and Sugar (Nancy's dog) had a fantastic time together playing around! There is a pic below of them.

Some new things tried this weekend:
A Pomegranate
Learning what Mistletoe looks like
A Cracker Barrel Thanksgiving dinner
Witnessing Lane and Connie doing a high kick line in the kitchen
Chocolate Cake from Sams

Some of the Same:
Connie's Egg Nog
Nancy's yummy mexican feast
Pumpkin Pie from Sams

Alas, again, I wished I had taken more pics:











No comments: