Thursday, September 4, 2008

Casa Loma

This is the street our cute little house in Dallas is on. We have had quite an experience since we moved at the end of July (the hottest weekend of the year). No really. It was that weekend when it literally felt like Hell outside. Here is the story and I'll try to keep it short. It goes a little something like this:


We moved. We didn't have electricity for 4 days. It was 97 degrees at 9PM. We drove back to our townhouse to sleep on floor because it was too hot. This happened for 4 days. Everynight I had a major breakdown. Lane didn't know what to do with me. I threw things. Then hit my head on the Uhaul. We finally got electricity. We couldn't get our bed upstairs. Lane sawed (awkward word) down the banister. The box springs still didn't fit. I cried. We slept in the dining room. Finally got our splilt box springs. Got our bed fixed up. And here we are. About 4 weeks later.


It really doens't help that we are getting thousands of dollars worth of work done to our house either because it is still in shambles. We can't paint the inside because the projects haven't started. I can't hang any of my cute wall stuff. However, Hector and Nacho have painted the outside of our house. Thank God the ugly exterior paint is finally gone. It only took 3 days and Mona eating Nacho's lunch bag. We are getting alot of work done to the inside starting tomorrow and our couch is still 4 - 8 weeks away. (The couch we bought is apparently so special it needed 8-12 weeks to be made. I feel like a real dummy for getting that couch but we are doing the best we can).

So that brings me to some pictures. Some are before and after of the house color. A few are Lane sawing the banister and putting a doggy door in. One is Nacho's lunch box and the other is Mac and Mona not happy about being inside for 3 days while they painted. In honor of Hector and Nacho, disfrute de!













No comments: