Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm the worst blogger ever...

Yep. I am. I admit it.

I even have time to blog and I don't. I think I get going too fast (something my mom always told me I did when I was a tot especially while doing my math homework) and forget or have something better to do (not really).

If I were to start back from a month ago and fill you in on all that has happened you'd be bored. So I will start with the sorta present.

My mom came up at the beginning of April to help me plant some new plants in our front yard. I have been wanting to rip out all the "crappy" plants that were in the beds since we have moved in last July. Yes, July. I had to wait because the Fall came and then Winter and you don't plant at those times in the year. I don't know when it started (it was recent) that I have really gotten into plants. I am not INTO them so much so that I want to know everything about every plant. No. No. No. I am just kind of interested and like looking at them. Anyway, we planted, my mom got her 4th sinus infection in 8 weeeks and she left early. BOO. I always get really sad when people leave. My bestie Anne is coming in early May and I will be sad when she leaves too.

Lane has been working so much and I feel so bad for him knowing that he hates it so much. He has worked the last 3 weekends and it is killing us both. I have a feeling that God has a different plan for us soon. I don't know what. I don't know how soon but this will not work for us for the long run. Which is both exciting and scary.

Easter was on Sunday and we visited a church that our friend Jill's friend Rachel attends. I was really excited because it took me back to the days when I attended a non-denominational church. Throughout high school, we went to a Baptist church and I HATED it. It was the kind of church that everyone goes to and you don't really know why they are there but you do know it't not to get closer to Jesus. It would be like the girls that were sleeping around the night before attending church "to be seen" like they are these wholesome people. YUCK! I applaud the effort slutty girls, but let's get real. I can't believe I am talking about sluts in my Easter post. Lane and I have been trying to find a church that wasn't cheese ball and that is Bible based. We really liked it and hope to go back. I will say, the singing at the beginning isn't our favorite but that is because we are awkward with cheesy'ness. I have never liked the band Christian music thing at the beginning of church. Especially when the songs are 8 minutes long and they repeat one verse 5-10 times with the last time being this whisper thing. I just like the meat of the message. Bring on the meat!

April 12th, Easter, was my little dog Mona's 2nd birthday. She is the dog that I spoke about once that I love entirely too much (it's true). I am "one of those". Never thought I would be but she is just too darn hilarious. My mom thinks that she is me in a dog form (not that I am hilarious but because she is a wacko). I hope I'm not as annoying as she is when she wants to play. At lunch after church Lane told me that it was a special day. I racked my brain trying to think of why why why?? Was it because it is a month until our 2 year anniversary? Was it because it is Easter? I just couldn't figure it out until it snapped. It was Mona's birthday (I hope I am a better mom)! One of her favorite things is wet dog food. When she was a puppy (and I mean just a wee few weeks old) we fed her wet dog food and she went NUTS-O when she finally found it on the floor. I wish I had a video of what she used to do because it was so cute. So, the birthday girl got a birthday cake of wet dog food and a new toy (that she loves!). We also got Mac a toy too so he wouldn't feel left out. Within minutes his sister stole it from him and took it outside. He is lazy and didn't chase after her. She wins!

Lastly, I have joined a bootcamp class. It has been the best thing I have done in a long time for myself. Well, I would have to say it is second to quitting my job but it gives it a run for its money (no pun intended). Jill sent out an e-mail saying that she was going to join it and was seeing if anyone else wanted to participate. I have been wanting for a really long time to get back into shape and I mean the shape I was in in high school. I realize that goal may not be attainable as my metabolism was at an extreme high level and I worked out 3-4 hours a day. Oh yeah, and throw in the fact that my body has changed a lot since I was 18. ER. I had let myself get "soft" in the last 2 years since I have been married and it was time for a change. I need to feel good and look good for myself and my husband and not be a slob just because I am comfortable with him. He deserves better and so do I. So... I took the plunge and joined the bootcamp (something I had been scared shitless to do for years). We work out 4 nights a week and it pretty much rules. It is hard and I almost died the first few days. I am not saying I'm in great shape yet, oh no no. I am still a little slow on my drills and my endurance sucks but it is getting better. Baby steps.

And with that it's about time for some pics! The first few are of Mona, one is of Lane and I that I liked just for fun, one is of Lane being funny and doing a sit up on my foam roller thing. I'll get some of the plants tomorrow. Enjoy. Hopefully it won't be another month before I post.





1 comment:

JT and Katie said...

Hi friend! Glad you posted. I second about the singing in church...I would rather skip all the music (maybe just sing one song), all the "announcements", and whatever else they throw in and get to the sermon! Miss you so much!