Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Babies?

Another revelation I have had recently.

Babies.

I am not quite ready. I was flip flopping back and forth about these little things and I have figured out that it isn't quite time. I think I got caught up in friends being pregnant and being married just about the right time and grandparents and pressure from everyone...

Last year I was really excited about having children and got really into it and started tracking things to see when I was most fertile blah blah blah....

Over the holidays, I really got to thinking and here is what I thought:
1. I don't like my job.
2. Lane doesn't like his job.
3. Am I really ready to be responsible for something like a human?
4. Am I ready for no sleep?
5. Teething?
6. Constant crying?
7. Birthday parties?
8. School events?
9. Girl/Boy Scouts?
10. PTA!
11. Playdates
12. Babysitting co ops
13. Mommy and me (fill in the blank)
14. AH!!!!!!!!!!!

And the answer right now to all of those questions is, simply, no. Are you ever ready (they say), no. But, I want to enjoy Lane and I being married a little bit longer. I want to travel some more and build a nest egg and really try to get ready for something as huge as a baby instead of going on a whim. I'm not saying its years and years away. Just need a little more time.

But back to that job thing....

1 comment:

Christa Greene said...

I think you will be a wonderful mother when the time is right for you!

Hope your doing well..how is nursing school going? Miss you1

P.S. I tagged you to play a blog game-if you're interested! If anything, it gave me something to blog about! :)