We got confirmation that our baby is a boy and we couldn't be more thrilled. My whole life I have always thought I would have a boy. I didn't know if it would be the first, second or third child but I knew I would have one. I have always wanted to raise a son.
I don't think I am calm enough to be involved in all the girly things girls come with. I do LOVE little girl clothes but it seems super overwhelming to be involved in dance, ballet, dresses, skirts, makeup, boyfriends, hair, emotions, etc...
So I think starting off with a boy will definitely help me get down the basics first in the event that we do have a girl, one day. I would love to see Lane with a
So Halloween Day we went to our Dr. appointment and she did a sono. We waiting for A LONG time in the waiting room and with every minute that passed anticipation built because I wanted to see him so bad! We went back and a doctor that wasn't my personal doc came in to do the sonogram. She wasn't very chatty which made the experience not as fun as it could have been. She was quiet and concentrating. Lane walked up to the big screen that the image of our baby was on to get a better look and to record the event. *None of the videos came out that good. As she looked around everything looked great and he had all his parts that were measuring right on! 2 hemispheres of the brain, cerebellum, kidneys, stomach, nose and lips, spine, 2 hands, 2 feet, 2 arms, 2 legs, a 4 chamber heart and a 3 vessel umbilical cord. He had his legs all tucked up (he is very flexible in there as they all are) and so at first we couldn't tell what he was. Then my doctor wiggled my stomach and alas, he moved his legs and we saw "the junk". It was much bigger than at 12 weeks and immediately we knew, boy it is! The Dr. who did the sonogram didn't give us a print out of the "money shot" which I am kind of upset about now that I think of it. Here is us waiting and his profile and then one of him looking at us that is kind of creepy!
******PS PARDON HOW DISGUSTING I LOOK, I HAD TO WORK THAT NIGHT SO I WENT WITHOUT ANY MAKE UP OR ANY HAIR CARE AND BOY CAN YOU TELL:
I have prayed numerous times that he is big, healthy and smart and right on with all his development throughout the pregnancy and beyond. God is so good and I can't believe He has allowed us to be parents to this little guy.
After our appointment I continued to work and had some really busy weeks that I had no idea were about to come.....







1 comment:
love you!
Post a Comment