I will have a Bachelors in Nursing.
Tonight is the eve of my nursing program. The program I have been waiting to start since that December when I decided to be a nurse. It will be intense and I will be updating this blog even less.
It was just 1.5 years ago that I would drive home from work and cut through downtown on my way home to avoid I-30. I would pass by Baylor hospital and see all the nurses getting off work or going to work or ....
Every night, I would wonder as I drove by what they saw that day. What did they do? Who did they help? What they saw? Did they see someone die? Or save someone? Or bring someone into the world? Was their day busy? or dull... I wanted to be one of them.
Now, I am one of them.
During this year long program, I will turn 28, Lane will turn 30. My sister, 29, my brother in law 29, my parents 57 and 58. I will be working on being married for 4 years. Friends babies will be born, and friends will more than likely get pregnant. I will cry, a lot, and be stressed out even more. I will learn how to give shots, take blood, read charts, take blood pressure and wipe someone's butt (ew!) (and much more). I am excited and scared. I am nervous but ready. But I will try to enjoy this whirlwind I am about to cross over into tonight at midnight.
I hope I blink, and it's done. Tonight, I am going to start nursing school. Tomorrow, I am in nursing school. Weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment